From 12 October 2009 the following changes occurred:
- New definition of Regulated Activity
- Duty to refer to the ISA if you dismiss or cease using them because you think they have harmed or pose a risk of harm to children or vulnerable adults.
- Creation of two new barred lists: the ISA Adults’ Barred List and the ISA Children’s Barred List.
- Offence for a barred person to work, or seek to work, in regulated activity with vulnerable groups.
- Offence to knowingly employin regulated activity , or use as a volunteer, a barred person